CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses > About CARE Centre
About CARE Centre
CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) was created in 2001 to address a major gap in Ontario’s healthcare human resources strategy. While CARE Centre has been primarily focused on supporting nurses arriving in Ontario from other parts of the world, it is now recognized as a unique Canadian enterprise that focuses on supporting Internationally Educated Nurses in their journey to become qualified to practice in Canada.
CARE Centre will be recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in supporting Internationally Educated Nurses to achieve nursing registration and integration into the Canadian workforce.
Our mission is to provide Internationally Educated Nurses with a focused and personalized continuum of service to support them to be successful.
Using these values as a framework we are committed to providing exemplary service in all program areas to assist Internationally Educated Nurses to enter the nursing profession across Canada.
- Showing Respect in all of our relationships with our colleagues and clients.
- Encouraging Teamwork that clearly values collaboration & input towards organizational success.
- Emphasizing Accountability at both the staff and board level.
- Focusing on Professionalism in all we do.
- Showing understanding and Compassion to all those we work with and those we serve.
- Championing the Diversity of our clients by reflecting it in a culturally competent organization.