Job Posting – Case Manager (Windsor)
Job Posting: Case Manager
Schedule: Part Time Position (25 hours/week)
Location: Windsor, ON
Deadline: Monday, April 4, 2011
The CARE Centre is a bridge training initiative designed to provide supports and services to internationally educated nurses (IENs) living in Ontario so that they can practice and excel in their profession in the shortest time possible. Funded primarily through the Provincial Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration, the CARE Centre is a multi-partner initiative that invents, co-ordinates and delivers flexible, client-focused education and support services such as: job shadowing, exam preparation activities, counseling, orientation to nursing in Ontario and sector-specific language training.
We are looking for a seasoned professional who is able to work closely, flexibly and energetically with a staff team which is dispersed in several locations across the province. The individual is expected to work in a principled and pragmatic way in working towards the achievement of the CARE Centre’s mission and goals. These positions will reside primarily in Windsor where CARE expects to co-locate with a community partner agency. Travel will be required.
Reporting initially to the Executive Director and working closely with the team, the case manager is responsible for providing direct client services to internationally educated nurses who join the CARE Centre. Key responsibilities include:
- As an active member of the staff team work with individuals provide guidance,
support, information, and resources to Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN’s)
reflecting the mission and goals of CARE Centre in order to enable individuals to
meet their professional goals
- Maintaining a client case load and providing 1:1 supportive counseling to IENs as they work towards registration and employment
- Assisting clients as they prepare to write the nursing registration examinations and enter practice in a Canadian health care setting
- Advocating for clients
- Facilitating information sessions and workshops
- Carrying out outreach activities and community presentations
- Contributing to the richness of team diversity by using your own area of expertise to support colleagues and members in both formal and informal ways.
- Participate in case conference meetings and team meetings
- Maintain client records
- Degree in Social Work, Adult Education, Career Counseling or Nursing. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Highly developed case management skills
- Keen understanding of the barriers faced by IENs in Ontario and a demonstrated capacity to develop and implement programs to effectively respond to these barriers
- Experience in, and understanding of, the Ontario health care system
- Cross cultural competency
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English – written, verbal and presentation skills
- Program planning skills and experience
- Ability to work flexibly within a dynamic and highly evolving environment
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to maintaining electronic client data
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Please send a resume with cover letter by Monday, April 4, 2011 explaining how your experience has prepared you for this position to: The CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses, 45 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 512, Toronto, ON M2N 5W9 Attention Hiring Committee or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The CARE Centre is committed to diversity in the workplace