Job Posting – Regional Manager (Hamilton)
Job Posting: Regional Manager – West
Location: Hamilton, ON
Deadline: Friday, April 29th, 2011, at 5:00 pm
The CARE Centre Internationally Educated Nurses provides a range of innovative services that enable internationally educated nurses (IEN’s) to become licensed and employed in Ontario. Starting 8 years ago, CARE is the model for other bridge training programs which facilitate faster access to employment for internationally educated immigrants in Canada. Operating from offices in Toronto, Hamilton, and London, the Centre is a multi-partner initiative funded primarily through the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration. The organization develops and delivers flexible, client-focused education and support services such as: case management, job shadowing, exam preparation activities, English language programming, orientation to nursing in Ontario, clinical placements, and supports and training for employers.
CARE Centre is the brink of expansion to other geographic communities around the province. We are entering an exciting phase of growth and change which will allow the organization to continue to develop and implement innovative approaches to delivering services/supports to IENs, including the use of distance education technologies. We will be embarking on various advocacy, research and education initiatives to further enhance knowledge about assisting IENs as they attempt to integrate into the healthcare workplace and the nursing profession in Ontario.
We are seeking a seasoned manager with a track record of planning, developing, managing, evaluating and continuous improvement of programs and services designed to be responsive to newcomer communities. This position requires an energetic manager who will be outstanding at developing and nurturing a team of case managers who are passionate about how internationally educated nurses can be supported to get the education and support they need to get registered and start working as nurses in Ontario. You see possibilities, are willing to experiment and cultivate new ideas, and proactively sense and respond to problems and opportunities. You have been effective in supporting a management and staff team through various stages of organizational growth and change.
The Regional Manager West reports to the Executive Director and will have the overall responsibility for ensuring quality, excellence and innovation in the delivery of case management, language support, and related member services in and across various community settings from Hamilton and west where CARE Centre provides its services/supports for IENs.
- Partnering with the Regional Manager East, provide oversight/management of the planning, implementation, evaluation and ongoing development of a case management approach
- General management of the staff responsible for Case Management, Observational Job Shadowing, Exam Preparation supports, Employment Strategies and the Alumni Networking Group, including financial management and human resources.
- Direct the introduction and establishment of CARE and CARE service provision in areas of expansion of CARE Centre.
- Direct, implement and evaluate all aspects of CARE’s Language Supports program and language specialist staff to ensure:
- Development and delivery of courses, workshops and other educational offerings for IEN’s
- Development and delivery of ELT teacher-training workshops
- Integration of language support into other CARE program components: Nursing Readiness Assessment, Exam Prep Review Courses, Employment Strategies Workshops, Info Sessions, website, future on-line course offerings, etc.
- Provision of on-going instructor support and development guidance
- Provide regular progress reports to the Executive Director for submission to the Ministry/Funder(s) and other stakeholders.
- Develop and effectively engage traditional and non-traditional partnerships with various stakeholders in the region.
- Public speaking at forums, meetings and events on behalf of the Centre.
- As a senior manager, work with the Executive Director and other senior staff to:
- Identify and develop Centre-wide policies, manage overall operations towards the goal of achievement of Board approved strategic priorities.
- Identify and implement team-building approaches and facilitating a supportive culture of excellence and learning
- Monitor/evaluate and learn from Centre activities and make adjustments to the various components of the CARE Centre to support the success of IENs
- Identify opportunities for funding/revenue generation and contribute to the development of related strategies and/or proposals.
- Assist the Executive Director and other senior staff in developing and implementing advocacy, research and education initiatives to further enhance knowledge about assisting IENs as they attempt to integrate into the healthcare workplace and the nursing profession in Ontario.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Social Work or Related Human Services Discipline
- 5 years of progressively responsible management experience in a nursing or a social work context including human resource management, program and budget management, resource development
- Experience in development and delivery of services to newcomers – background in Ontario’s Bridge Training Initiative will be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Team player and highly collaborative
- Strong inner sense of high standards and the relentless drive to achieve them
- Projects confidence and credibility, and is seen as a leader
Send applications and resumes by Friday, April 29th, 2011, at 5:00 pm to:
CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses
45 Sheppard Avenue East Suite 512
The CARE Centre is committed to diversity in the workplace Due to the anticipated response to this ad, we will be unable to accept telephone enquires surrounding this position. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.